|The church of St. George (Gjorgija)|
Most renowned among the Struga churches is the town's cathedral church "St. Gjorgjija", built in the year 1835, on the foundations of an older sacred object. Its exceptional wood-carved iconostasis was finished in the year 1850, and the church was completely fresco-decorated in the year 1874.
During the conservation works on this church in the year 1993, on its attic a large number of icons was discovered, dating from the 15th to the 18th century, and that, according to the quality of the painted portraits, color gamut and their shape, are a rarity not only within Macedonia, but also on a broader scale.
|The icon of Sv. Gjorgji and his life - martyr's death.||A pulpit in the church.|
|The royal doors in the church.||St. George riding a horse, St. Nikola and the Holy Mother of God - throne icons in the left wing of the iconostasis.|
|The Royal doors, Jesus Christ and St. John Baptist - the right part of the iconostasis||A charity box with an icon of St. Nikola.|